Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pink Dot 2013

Well people, I'm back! This post will be all about the LGBT community. 

Recently, I went to Pink Dot and it awed me by the number of people who supported the gay rights in Singapore! Well, to be honest, I myself is gay but I don't really show to the community that I'm gay till recently. I decided to tell people the real me through photos. I went for Pink Dot 2013 on the 29 June 2013 and it was really a very big and exciting event. 


Getting to go and enjoy this event is really a hard thing to do and it takes courage to be one of the many people in the gay community. I had a friend who wanted to go for Pink Dot but was scared that he will be found out by his parents. I told him that no one will know he is gay until you say so. Well, he didn't go with me but he went his closest male cousin. Well at least he go. 


That event was filled with fun and excitement and the highlight of the day was cheerleading by The Invincible Diamonds and dance by all time favourite Voguelicious. Well, I went there with my female friend and then we were joined by my junior from another course. Well, I was really happy that they came and made me feel supported. Well, its not easy to come out and tell the whole world that you're gay. 


The people that I made friends with are really awesome. We formed the biggest pink dot and saw couples hugging and kissing during the theme song Home was played. Then there was the party dance. We danced till the end of the event. I made friends with this really cool guy from Republic Polytechnic. Steven the name and I thought he is 20+ but he is actually 17 years old. Well it was fun and the people there are really open minded. 



This photo was taken with my bestest friend who understand me in and out. Really respect her much. She's, well loud, single but I don't mind her being loud. Only at times I will ask her to lower down her voice because she is too loud. But yeah, that's her nature. 

I won't be posting much after this week because I have started my attachment and will be quite busy with Red Cross and dance. But well, I won't stop taking photos of the things that I am going through. I will post it on my Facebook and Instagram! My Instagram account name is axixdxnxax Be sure to catch up with what I'm posting. See ya around! 


Love Affiee Danny 

No comments:

Post a Comment